The Bridging Project offers scholarships to American undergraduate students participating in study-abroad programs in Japan. Funding from private foundations and major U.S. corporations, through donations to the nonprofit US-Japan Bridging Foundation, makes it possible to award about 100 scholarship each year to assist students with the travel and living expenses they will incur while studying abroad in Japan for a semester or an academic year. Applications are accepted twice a year for Bridging Scholarships.
The next competition for Bridging Scholarships will be for students who will study in Japan beginning in Fall 2016. The deadline for applications is April 8, 2017
Qualifications to Apply :
- Undergraduate students majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Japanese language study is not a prerequisite.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must be enrolled as undergraduates in a college or university in the United States before and during the time they are studying abroad.
- Their study in Japan must earn credit that will transfer to their home campus in the US.
- For Further Information, Please visit http://www.aatj.org/studyabroad/scholarships.
Instructions for Applicants :
Applications for study in Japan in Fall 2015 should be submitted to AATJ by the deadline of April 8, 2015, Please submit the following to the AATJ office:
- An application form can be downloaded from this website (see below). A printed application can be requested from the AATJ office by phone, fax, or e-mail.
- A short essay (up to 500 words) introducing yourself, explaining your interest in study in Japan, and outlining what you hope to achieve by participating in a study abroad program (three copies).
- An official tran from your college or university
Contact Information :
For further information on the Bridging Scholarships or the application procedure please contact Susan Schmidt, Executive Director of the Bridging Project Clearinghouse, at the AATJ office: [email protected]
Bridging Project Clearinghouse American Association of Teachers of Japanese Campus Box 366 1424 Broadway University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0366 Phone: 303-492-5487 Fax:303-492-5856 E-mail: [email protected] Web: http://www.aatj.org